Share Your Future with BRP.
Being a BRP – Evinrude Outboard Engine dealer is a very rewarding experience. If you qualify, you will be part of a truly international company. BRP manufactures product in four continents and distributes in more than 16 countries. Our people are passionate about delivering the very best motorized recreational products available anywhere.
Every year, our trendsetting innovations and groundbreaking technologies set new benchmarks for the Marine and Powersports Industry. We earn many prestigious awards and coveted accolades from the consumer and trade media, as well as from internationally renowned design organizations, and even from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Our large and continually growing customer base is the best measure of our worldwide success. These loyal recreational enthusiasts depend on BRP brands for all of their marine and powersports action and fun — and our dealers play a prominent role in building this all-important relationship.
BRP Will Give You A Competitive Edge.
As a BRP – Evinrude Outboard Engine dealer, your future will benefit from the many outstanding value advantages we offer including:
- Internationally recognized brands and well-established, best-in-class product lines: Evinrude, Ski-Doo®, Sea-Doo®, Can-Am™
- Competitive products, plus devoted, knowledgeable BRP representatives to help you build a stronger business
- State of the art opportunities for increasing profitability (see below)
- Exclusive BRP Evinrude and Johnson® Parts and Accessories, superior to aftermarket products
- Aggressive BRP marketing programs, point of purchase materials, signage programs and direct mail promotions
Optimize your Profits with BRP – Evinrude E-TEC Outboard Engines
- Strongest benefits in the industry to increase sale closings:
- Savings calculator – link
- No break-in time
- Very low oil usage
- Very low fuel usage
- Fuel Management System: I-Command
- More time on the water!
- Strong Customer demand through Aggressive Marketing and Lead generations
- Profitable Sales Programs
- Easy and flexible Advertising programs
Service and Parts opportunities:
- Biggest Outboard engines park
- Strong and responsive Technical Support
- Multiple Distribution Centers for prompt deliveries
- 83% of parts are common 25Hp -300Hp = less inventory, more cash flow and simple technology for your technicians
- Easy to complete Distance learning Programs
- Technical school required every 3 to 5 years = less time away from the dealership and more time to generate profits
- Dealer Certification Program offering your dealership valuable benefits
Be part of our Future.
- Are you professional, experienced and business-minded?
- Do you know the marine business?
- Do you take great pride in superior customer service?
- Are you keen on continuous improvement and training?
- Do you have the necessary financial resources?
- Are you a passionate and self-motivated “people” person?
If your answer to each of these questions is a resounding “YES”, then you could be on your way to a bright new future with BRP! See if you have what it takes to join the best dealer network in the Industry.
The World is our playground!
BRP Dealership Requirements
Our vision is to bring our customers the most innovative, the most exciting, and the most responsible recreational experience. To accomplish this, it is essential to select synergistic dealers who have the desire, motivation and ability to work with BRP – Evinrude Outboard Engines to actively pursue these objectives. Listed below are the basic requirements and recommendations a new dealer should meet. In some areas, market potential may support and require higher levels of involvement.
New Dealership Location
BRP completes market studies throughout the country to determine the need for new dealership locations based on market needs and current dealer coverage.
The investment requirements vary and are dependent on the market study information and industry data for each location. Regardless of the investment requirements for a particular dealership opportunity, BRP has also established minimum financial requirements for dealer prospects. These financial requirements ensure the strength of the candidate and continued growth of the business.
The minimum requirements that BRP looks for when reviewing Prospective Dealer Applications is your ability to establish a $20,000 credit line for parts and accessories orders.* You will be asked to provide a Business Plan, Business & Personal Financials, and other additional supporting documents.
|Engine/Package order - Parts, Accessories and clothing order:||Per market calculation|
|Signage:Signage:||One sign required. Cost varies depending on size.
Download Signage Program (PDF)
|Facility Size / Showroom:||2,500 sq. ft (minimum requirements)*|
|Initial Start-up Parts/ Tools/ Literature and Promotional material initial cost:||$1,200**|
|Initial Investment Parts/ Tools/ Literature and Promotional material initial cost:||$3,000**|
|Dealership Technical Training:||Must complete all distance learning programs within first 3 months and Technical School training within first 10 months.|
|Dealership Sales Training:||Must complete all on line training on www.brpcenter.com within the first 30 days.|
Do you meet the above requirements?
Please fill out the following and we will contact you promptly.
* Please note that costs and credit line are market recommendations and/or estimates calculated by BRP and depending on factors including, but not limited to, dealership region and/or specific BRP products sold, market conditions and/or unit volume sales data/projections, a higher level(s) may be necessary.
** BRP reserves the right, at any time, to change prices without incurring obligation(s).
Q & A
Frequently Asked QuestionsFrequently Asked Questions
- 1. What are the requirements to become a BRP – Evinrude Outboard Engine dealer?
- Like any reputable and established brand, BRP has identified specific criteria which help us maintain our key market leadership positions with our brand segments. This includes advertising/marketing strategies, business development plans, signage, floor layout and space. Please refer to our Dealership Requirements section for all of the details.
- 2. How much does it cost to become a BRP - Evinrude Outboard engines dealer?
- Based on our experience and requirements, a minimum investment of $15,000 is necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, purchasing of parts, accessories, clothing, tools, manuals, equipment, displays and exterior signage. We also recommend a credit line of $20,000 for parts & accessories orders.
- 3. What are the business operation computer requirements in my building for becoming a BRP - Evinrude Outboard engines dealer?
- To be able to use BRP online services for engines ordering, parts/accessories shipments and service updates, we recommend a high speed internet connection (3MBps download/256 upload recommended). A laptop will also be required for diagnostic updates and ongoing service.
- 4. Do you require specific dealer management software or systems to be in place?
- No, but we strongly recommend them. We suggest some of the following Dealer-specific management system Paulson Computer Systems, Total Control Software, Anchorsoft from Wallace Software Design, Watch Captain, Huggins Computer Programs, BiT Marine Software and DealerPort Offline.
- 5. How much space does BRP require for the actual dealership facility?
- You must meet the minimum square footage requirements for your facility of 2500 sq ft. This includes display areas, parts and service support areas.
- 6. What about franchise fees? What is the cost? How frequently do I have to renew?
- BRP dealerships are not franchised so there is no franchise fee to pay. In addition, there are no renewal fees.
- 7. From the time I submit my complete application, how long will it take to know if I am approved or not? How will I know what the final status is?
- Although each case is different, once your completed package has been received by us (which includes original signed documents and background information requested), you should usually know within 10 days if your application has been approved.
- 8. Who would finance the engines and parts that I order?
- Most engines and packages ordered by our USA dealer network are financed through GE Commercial Distribution Finance Corporation ("CDF"). If you are already doing business with CDF, please make sure you mention that information in the application under the appropriate question as it will allow us to process your request faster. This includes previous names (if any) used on any prior applications to CDF. You may make financial arrangements for the payment of BRP engines, packages and parts with the financial institution of your choice if such financial institution and the terms of its arrangement to finance units and parts are accepted in advance in writing by BRP.
- 9. If I'm entering financial data online, is this website secure?
- Yes, BRP uses the best available technologies for web security and transmission of data including VeriSign 128 bit SSL certificates, the industry standard for banking, e-commerce and other data-driven websites worldwide.
- 10. I'd like more information on becoming a BRP – Evinrude Outboard Engines dealer, who can I contact?
- Fill in the information form and someone will be in touch with promptly.